Thunder VPN is an online VPN service that provides complete protection on your internet activity to keep you secure. It uses strong SSL encryption to secure your virtual data. No-log policy is also followed by Thunder VPN which ensures your internet activity will not be stored by the VPN authorities.
In addition, Thunder VPN lets you hide your real IP address with a fake one so that you can surf the internet without revealing your identity. This way, you can also visit the websites that are restricted in your region. If you want to experience smooth and secure surfing on your MacBook, this VPN could be a good choice. Read this article to know the download process of Thunder VPN for Mac in two different ways.
- Short Details of the Thunder VPN App
- How to Download and Install Thunder VPN for Mac?
Short Details of the Thunder VPN App
Thunder VPN is an Arkansas-based VPN service under the Five Eyes Surveillance that was developed by Signal Lab in November 2017. Its free version offers seven servers in 6 different countries, and the VIP version has ten servers in 8 countries. To secure online data, Thunder VPN uses an SSL encryption protocol. Besides, the no-log policy of this VPN will ensure no data will be stored by this VPN.
According to the Google Play Store, Thunder VPN has been installed by around 10 million people and gained a 4.7-star rating with 910k reviews. On September 6, 2021, Thunder VPN was last updated, which version was 4.0.15. Through this update, more servers were added and performance & stability improved.
Technical Specifications of the Thunder VPN App
Below we have inserted a table with key details of the Thunder VPN that will help you get additional information about that VPN.
|Application Name||Thunder VPN – Fast, Safe VPN||Rating||4.7|
|Current Version||4.0.15||File Size||6.0 MB|
|Latest Version||September 6, 2021||Official Website||https://thunder.free-signal.com|
Key Features of the Thunder VPN
Thunder VPN has a large number of features that remain your internet browsing safe and secure. Some major features of the Thunder VPN have been demonstrated below.
- Thunder VPN offers seven servers in six popular countries, including Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Germany, and France.
- Its premium service contains some extra features like ads-free, faster connection, more worldwide connections.
- The strict no-logging policy feature of the Thunder VPN ensures your internet activity will not be kept by the VPN authorities.
- As it hides the device’s IP address, it will be easy to browse the internet anonymously.
- Thunder VPN lets you access the restricted websites along with streaming services, including Netflix, Disney Plus, and HBO Max.
- It uses an SSL encryption protocol for data transmission that ensures your data will not be hacked by scammers.
- Thunder VPN is designed with a simple interface that doesn’t require any registration or configuration.
Thunder VPN Subscription [Price and Plans]
Thunder VPN is absolutely free with basic features and limited servers. But if you intend to use advanced features and more servers, you need to subscribe to any plans. It offers several plans to meet users’ demands. Here is the list of plans with the price of the Thunder VPN according to the App Store.
|VIP Service（1 week）||$4.99|
|VIP Service (1 Month)||$9.99|
|VIP Service (6 Month)||$29.99|
|VIP Service (1 Year)||$49.99|
How to Download and Install Thunder VPN for Mac?
Thunder VPN app download for macOS can be possible in two different ways. If you wish to download it from the Google Play Store, you have to take the help of an Android emulator. An emulator creates a virtual Android OS on your MacBook to run any Android apps.
There are many emulators available on the internet; the most widely used are BlueStacks, Nox Player, MEmu Player, Remix OS Player, and ARChon Player for their outstanding performance. Downloading the Thunder app for Mac will be easy for you, utilizing any of these emulators.
Guide for Downloading Thunder VPN for Mac Through the BlueStacks Emulator
Using BlueStacks, Thunder VPN download for Mac will be trouble-free as this emulator is designed with a simple interface to navigate any app. Check out the below steps:
Download and Install the BlueStacks Emulator
Download the current Mac version of the BlueStacks visiting https://www.bluestacks.com, as shown below. Install the downloaded file on your MacBook following the on-screen instructions.
Log in to the Play Store
Run the BlueStacks Emulator after installation and click on the Play Store app. Log in to the Play Store using your existing Gmail username and password, or sign up for creating a new one.
Search and Install Thunder VPN
Now type Thunder VPN on the Play Store search bar and tap on the search logo. From the search result, click on the Thunder VPN. After that, tap on the Install option from the Thunder VPN segment.
Run the Thunder VPN
Once the installation is finished, the icon of the Thunder VPN will appear on the BlueStacks Emulator’s home screen. Now you are free to use this VPN on your MacBook.
Download and Installation Process of the Thunder VPN from the Mac App Store
Downloading Thunder VPN for MacBook Pro or other MacBook will be simple from the Mac App Store. Check out the process below to download the VPN from the Mac App Store.
- Run the App Store from the Apple Menu on your MacBook.
- Log in to the App Store using your Apple username and password.
- Search for the Thunder VPN and choose the VPN from the search results.
- Click on the Get option from the Thunder VPN segment.
- Thunder VPN icon will appear on the Dock Tab after installation.
How to Connect a Proxy Server on the Thunder VPN?
Thunder VPN is designed with a simple interface where you can connect any server with a single tap. Check out the below step to do it.
- Launch the Thunder VPN on your MacBook from the Dock Tab.
- Tap on the Connect button center of the screen to connect a random proxy server.
- To connect with your desired server, click the thunder icon at the right top corner.
- Choose your desired server location from the servers list and tap on the Connect option.
Alternatives to the Thunder VPN for Mac
There are numerous VPN apps available on the internet, so it would be difficult to choose the right one. Here, we have picked two widely used VPN apps that can be installed as alternatives to Thunder VPN.
Snap VPN is one of the popular VPN services that offer more than 2000 fastest proxy servers in 100 locations worldwide. It uses AES-256 bit military-grade encryption with OpenVPN protocol to secure your online data. Besides, the no-log policy of the Snap VPN ensures your internet activity will not be stored by VPN authorities.
Flash VPN is another widely used VPN service that contains ten servers in different locations, including the US, UK, and Singapore. To secure users’ online credentials, it uses double protection with OpenVPN, IKEV2, and L2TP. In addition, Flash VPN lets you access geo-restricted sites and streaming services. It also has a no-log policy which means the VPN doesn’t keep your online data.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions have been answered here about Thunder VPN.
What Can I Do If Thunder VPN Is Not Working?
There are several reasons why your Thunder VPN may not work. Below we have listed some possible solutions to get rid of this issue.
- Restart your device and check the internet connection.
- Set your device’s date and time correctly.
- Update the Thunder VPN app on your device with the latest version.
Is Any Ad Displayed While Connected to the Thunder VPN Server?
The free version of the Thunder VPN shows ads while you connect to any server. But the premium version of this VPN does not show any ads.
Is Thunder VPN Premium Worth It?
If we consider the features and encryption of the Thunder VPN, this VPN is absolutely worth it. It provides you a complete shield on the internet data so that no one can hack your online credentials.
Thunder VPN is an essential app to protect your internet data from cyber attackers. It uses secure encryption technology that ensures your data will remain safe and secure. Besides, the no-log policy of Thunder VPN will ensure your data won’t be kept by this VPN. Using this VPN on your MacBook will be a great way to take advantage of these features to secure internet activity. So, download Thunder VPN for Mac following any of the methods discussed above and surf the internet securely.