You’ve come to the correct place if you’re seeking an Android app that allows you to cast Android content to Chromecast. LocalCast for Chromecast is an app that will undoubtedly meet your requirements. It allows you to connect your phone to Google Cast-enabled devices, as well as Roku, Nexus Player, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, SmartTVs, and a variety of other devices. When you play a video on your phone, it will appear on the network. However, If you want to watch your desired content on a big screen then download Localcast for Mac. Here you’ll find two alternative methods to get this app.
- About Localcast App
- How to Download and Install LocalCast for MAC?
- Download and Install Localcast for Mac [Using Bluestacks Emulator]
- Get LocalCast App From Mac App Store
- List of Devices That Are Compatible With Localcast for Chromecast
- How Do I Connect My Smart TV to LocalCast App?
- Alternative apps to LocalCast for Mac
- Frequently Asked Question [LocalCast for Mac]
- Wrapping Up [LocalCast for Mac]
About Localcast App
LocalCast is developed by Stefan Pledl, listed in the Video Player and Editors category that launched in February 2014. The last update of the app was on August 9, 2021, that version varies device to device. It is one of the casting solutions on Android, with more than ten million users from the Google Store. About one hundred fifty thousand users of this LocalCast app reviewed it and rated it with 3.9 ratings out of 5. Localcast is rated for 3+, which means this app is suitable for all age groups.
Technical Specifications of LocalCast App
Here in this part of the article, we’ve listed all the specifications of the Localcast App that you should check before you download it.
LocalCast to TV for Chromecast, Smart TV, Roku, etc
Rated for 3+
August 9, 2021
Varies with device
Varies with device
5.0 and up
Ratings and Reviews of The App Users
Apple Store users also give reviews to the Localcast app. Here we’ll put some of them for your convenience.
Features of LocalCast App
Localcast contains lots of noticeable features that will allow you to download the LocalCast for Mac. Have a look-
- This free app supports sending videos, music, and images on numerous devices. It also allows editing and zooms.
- You can enjoy lag-free streaming as it always has a stable connection.
- You can stream anything from other apps from your Android to TV, like Kodi, Internal Storage, NAS, Samba servers, etc.
- MP4, MKV, 3GP, and M4V are the video formats that Chromecast supports through this app.
- It allows users to adjust the videos or images with any device.
- Localcast works automatically to add subtitles to your videos.
- This app allows converting PDFs into images and casting them.
- By clicking on the “Route Audio to Phone,” you can make your Android a wireless phone snap on the headphone.
How to Download and Install LocalCast for MAC?
Localcast for Mac Download can be accomplished in two different ways. Initially, you will need an Android emulator which will allow you to download any Android app on your Mac. You’ll get hundreds of emulators on the internet that will help you to download Localcast for mac.
As an advantage, we’ve listed the top five emulators for you. They are-
- Bluestacks Emulator
- Nox Player Emulator
- Remix OS Player Emulator
- MEmu Emulator &
- ARChon Emulator
You can take any of the emulators from the above list as your choice. You don’t need to be an expert to use those emulators on your Mac.
Download and Install Localcast for Mac [Using Bluestacks Emulator]
Here we have chosen the Bluestacks emulator to download and install the Localcast App for Mac. You can do it by following this procedure that we’ve mentioned below.
Step 1: Download Bluestacks Emulator
Open the Bluestacks emulator from your MacBook Pro. Click on the ‘Download’ button to download the DMS file.
Step 2: Install Bluestacks Emulator
Once the DMS setup file is downloaded, open the file to start the installation process.
Step 3: Log in on the Google Play Store
When the installation procedure is completed, open the Bluestacks. On the home page, you’ll find the Play store. Log in there with your Gmail and passcode. You can log in with your existing Google Account or create a new one.
Step 4: Search for the Localcast App
Open the Play Store and Search for the Localcast App by typing in the search box. Then tap on the thumbnail of the app and open it.
Step 5: Install the Localcast App
On the top right side of the Localcast app, you’ll find the Install button. Click on it, and it’ll install on your device.
If you want to download Localcast for Pc then you can also follow the same steps through your windows.
Get LocalCast App From Mac App Store
Localcast App Download for Macos is super easy from the Mac App Store. For you here we’ll show the proper steps to download this app on your Mac.
- Open the Mac App Store on your device.
- Then provide your Apple ID and passcode to log in.
- Now type LocalCast App on the search box.
- When the search results are shown on the screen, tap on the thumbnail of the app.
- Now tap on the Get button to download the LocalCast app.
It’ll take some time to download and install on Mac; then, you’ll be allowed to use this LocalCast app.
List of Devices That Are Compatible With Localcast for Chromecast
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV or Stick
- Apple TV
- Nexus Player
- Sony Bravia
- Panasonic and all the major Smart TVs.
How Do I Connect My Smart TV to LocalCast App?
You can connect your LocalCast app with the Chromecast or Apple TV because it supports both. Have a look-
- Make sure your phone and the Smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the LocalCast app.
- Click on the Chromecast Floating Icon from the right side.
- Tap Chromecast from the available devices or choose the device you want to cast.
- Now select videos that you want to cast.
- Wait for a moment for it to load the content on your TV; it’ll play systematically.
Alternative apps to LocalCast for Mac
If you want to use alternative apps to the LocalCast, then this segment is for you. Here we’ll demonstrate two different kinds of apps to cast to your Smart TV.
Without any restrictions, MegaCast allows the users to play and watch content with respective subtitles. Tap on the content, select the device on which you want to watch it, and it’ll play the video automatically. You can watch videos from Google Drive or Dropbox as MegaCast is a Chromecast player which uses a real-time transcribing system. It also supports LAN casting.
Allcast allows you to transfer photos, videos, and other multiple contents from your Android to TV. To do this task smoothly you’ll need two different apps. Allcast Receiver app to receive files and Allcast to send files. You can directly stream content to your Smart TV, PC, or Xbox when you play video on your phone. Allcast can improve the viewing experience when users cast the content on a large display.
Frequently Asked Question [LocalCast for Mac]
Here are some typical questions and answers about the Localcast app. Hope these will help you to solve the issues you’re dealing with.
Why Can’t I Hear the Audio, but I Can See the Video?
Possibly your device Chromecast or Smart TV does not support the audio codec of your content. All the receiving devices support a number of Audio codecs and most video formats. On the video files, it holds a video and an audio file. If you play one of them, the other files use the codec that your receiving device does not endorse.
Should I use DLNA or SMB?
DLNA is one of the direct connections to the cast device, and the SMB has to be routed via the Phone that always doubles the bandwidth. Though the Route audio doesn’t support the SMB, as far as it’s possible, select a DLNA server like Serviio.
Subtitles, Pan, Zoom, or Rotation Don’t Work; Why?
These features are supported on the Google Cast devices only. You can select these features from the “Now Playing” screen. If your content has a subtitle file with the same name, it’ll ask you to add the subtitle. Some DLNA servers support subtitles but not all of them. With the help of the DLNA server, you can add subtitles to your content.
Wrapping Up [LocalCast for Mac]
Here in this whole article, we have tried to give you a full review of the Localcast app with the easiest way of downloading. Get the Localcast for Mac and enjoy your leisure time watching your favorite movies on the big screen. If you ever face any issues about Localcast then drop your comment below and let us hear.